To the Minister for Fair Trading and the NSW Government
Renters in NSW deserve a better deal.
We need improved and modernised rental laws that recognise that more people are renting now than ever before, and for longer. All renters deserve stability, security, and decent living conditions.
We demand that you:
- Put an end to ‘no grounds’ evictions that allow landlords to evict a tenant without giving any reason
- Put a cap on the number of times rents can be increased each year
- Limit the amount that rents can be increased by each year
- Ensure that dodgy landlords aren’t able to shirk their responsibilities around maintenance and repairs
- Give landlords incentives for sustainability measures like solar power and solar hot water that are good for the environment and reduce costs for renters
- Help renters understand and enforce their rights by increasing funding to tenants’ advice and advocacy services